We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

1 post
Save Topic
Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

Hi everyone,

After waiting for over a month, the Moroccan embassy finally tells me that my tourist visa application is ready. However, instead of giving me a visa in my passport, I was provided a visa confirmation letter that says the following:

"This is to confirm that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation of Morocco had requested Moroccan security authorities to grant entry visa upon arrival"

My letter is almost identical to this that someone had posted online: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-etRjvUGT9Y4/U5nF5pWj4WI/AAAAAAAAstI/Fri2B7pTB-U/s1600/FANG+SHIH-YU.bmp

The very unhelpful woman at the embassy simply tells me that I have to bring this visa confirmation letter with me when I fly to Morocco. When asked what other documents I will need to get that visa upon arrival, she shrugged her shoulders and directed me to the door.

My question is, has anyone gone through the Moroccan border with a visa confirmation letter before? If so, what other documents did the border agents need (for example, passport photos, visa processing fee, bank statements, etc.)?

5 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

The whole point about a visa (Latin for 'seen') is that the embassy checks what has been provided in terms of documents and then inserts a visa stamp into your passport.

I don't know why you've been given a letter that entitles you to a visa on arrival, but it's from the highest authorities directed to a lowly police control clerk. So present your passport and your letter.

Let us know how you get on. (And it would help if you completed your profile with your home country).

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

Grace,

Where are you from ?

Lahore, Pakistan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

Pakistan .I wanna Visa morocc

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

Hello there Grace. I just got a letter too. Did you have any issues at the airport with the Moroccan security upon arrival?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
11,811 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa

It seems @Grace L was a one-post pony and didn't return.

Please let us know how you get on, as, unless people actually contribute to the forum (rather than just ask questions), the knowledgebase doesn't expand.

Reply to: Visa confirmation letter vs tourist visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted