We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Trip to Morocco from Spain

Winston Salem...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Trip to Morocco from Spain

We are planning a quick trip to Morocco the first week in August that will be about 7 days. How safe are the overnight trains for a couple and we were wondering about Tangiers and all the mixed reviews.

We will be entering from Spain via ferry and were hoping to take overnight trains between Tangiers, Fez and Casablanca, probably staying one night in each city hopefully in riads. Any reccommendations?

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Trip to Morocco from Spain

I suggest with the limited time you have to cut Casablanca out of your itinerary, if you haven't heard it already you will definitely get plenty of reports from people saying that it really isn't worth the effort. Spend more time in Fez and consider going to Marrakesh.

Overnight trains are fine, the sleeper cabins are locked so people not staying in them have no access. If you are unsure about Tangier consider staying in Asilah, 40 km away on the coast and very laid back, though I imagine it will be chock a block with people in summer, book in advance!

penna
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Trip to Morocco from Spain

i second casa , tangier and casa are easilt missable)

I would take a taxi right from the ship to the port train station

This should run maybe 3 euro or 30dh, bargin hard for the price

if you have to act like you are gonne drag your luggage and walk, you will get that price or better.

it really is not worth the waste in tangiers.

travel either direct to fez or to marrakech.

as to riads be careful the word really means the same as a B and B

in the uk.

and as such you can get from a hole to a palace.

ask to see the room before you pay. and never fear you have to stay there is many places around.

be warned it will be very hot in south

3. Re: Quick Trip to Morocco from Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 12:21