We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving distances in Morocco?

US
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Driving distances in Morocco?

We are planning to drive from Marrakech to Fes and are considering making either Skoura or Tineghir our mid-way point. Can anyone tell me how long it typically takes to reach these destinations from Marrakech by car? How long should it take from either point to continue on to Fes? We are still deciding between renting a car and hiring a car with driver.

Thanks for any insight!

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving distances in Morocco?

Neither of the two are on the way to Fes, in fact, they are in the wrong direction. Most people going from Marrakesh to Fes stop in either Beni Mellal or Midelt, though the drive from Marrakesh to Fes can be done in about six hours if you take the autoroute.

Mentioned in this post
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Beni Mellal
Beni Mellal
Tadla-Azilal Region, Morocco
Midelt
Midelt
Meknes-Tafilalet Region, Morocco
US
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving distances in Morocco?

Thanks for your response! Someone else recommended to us that this route would be a nice scenic one. How far out of the way would we we be going? Can you offer any insight into the driving times?

Sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving distances in Morocco?

Hi Stephanie

My husband and I are planning to drive, or hopefully be driven, from Marrakech to Fez. I have similar questions on my thread so look forward to seeing what advice is offered as I am feeling alittle confused on whether it is a good idea given the time frame we are looking at. Have a great time .

All the best Suz

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
US
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving distances in Morocco?

Hi Suz,

Yes, I'm keeping up with your post as well and you're getting some good tips. We have less time and will attempt to also see less - I think we're leaning now toward Tineghir so we'll see.

5. Re: Driving distances in Morocco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:18