We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

Hello,

I have had a look at lots of posts and want some advice.

We are going to be in morroco for 6 or 7 days. We are going to stay 2 days in Marrakech, few days in the mountains and then 2 days in Fez and then fly out.

Is it possible to Hire a guide and driver to pick us up in Marrakech, take us out in the Mountains and desert for 2 or 3 nights, do the sleeping under the stars/camel trek/hiking etc and then have them drop us off in Fez? I have heard a lot of good things about Ali Oussou - tour giude. Does he do this sort of stuff? How can i cant him?

Has any one done anything similar and can provide advice for me regarding the guide. There will be 4 us in the group. Thanks!!!

Lachlan

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

Yes, we did something very similar in March for 8 nights. We used Blue Men of Morocco (www.bluemenofmorocco.com) and were very pleased with everything!! We loved our driver Zaid and all the places we stayed. Here is a link to my trip report which maybe helpful:

www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp…

Riga
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

I initially wanted to do the trip independently but decided on a guide

for the same reason as you – there is not enough time to afford to

wander aimlessly about. I spent a lot of time researching for a guide who would be reliable, reasonable and honest etc. I believe I found him in Ali Ousso and definitely made the right choice (he was also highly recommended on another forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293730-i9195-k113…

3. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2007, 19:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

Thanks for your replies.

I got in contact with Ali Ousso and he has sent me a perfect itinerary for my trip:

4 days / 3 nights starting from Marrakesh and ending in Fez :

4 August 2007 : Departure from Marrakesh in the Morning and driving through out the High Atlas via the Pass of Tisi n- Tishka , on the way to Ouarzazat we visit the exotic Kasbah of Ait Ben Hadou , after that we continue to Ouarzazat center where you can visit the Atlas Estudio and having lunch in the Kasbah of Tourirt which was a Residence of the Glaoui Dynasty .In the Afternoon we continue to the Rose Valley with visiting an other amazing Kasbah of Ameridel in the Skoura Oasis Palm Trees . Night in Kelat Magouna at a 4* Hotel ( www.ksarkaissar.com)

5 August 2007 : After having Breakfast in the Hotel we drive to Dades Gorges via the Valley , after a meant Tea in the Gorges we continue to Tinghir via Boulman Dades with walking a little bit in the Palm Trees , then we continue to Todra Gorges where you will have your Lunch .In the Afternoon we drive to Merzouga via Erfoud .Night in the desert of Erg Chebbi under the Berber Tent .(www.auberge-oasis.net)

6 August 2007 : After coming back from the desert trip and having shower in the Hotel, we visit the Black Gnawa village which known by their Spiritual Music , then we drive to Rissani where we will visit the Ksours and Kasbahs of Tafilalet. Visit the Mousoly of Moulay Ali Cherif and the local market day in Rissani to see the traditional souk. after that we drive to Midelt via Erfoud , Ziz Valley , Errachidia . Night in Midelt at La Kasbah Asma a 3* Hotel (http://www.kasbah-asmaa-midelt.com/ )

7 August 2007: after having the breakfast in the Hotel we Travel to Fes via the Middel Atlas , Azrou where there's a big Forest of Ceder Wooden which known by Monkeys then to Ifran which called the Genova of Morocco .

The Highlights within this Tours are the Desert of Erg Chebbi and the Camel Ride and as well many different things like the Gorges which are really gorgeous ,Dades Valley , Meeting local people , The Exotic Kasbah of Ait Ben Hadou which known by the famous movies that took place there such as the Lawrence of Arabia , Gladiator and Jesus of Nazaret ...

He quote me for:

a 4x4 type Land Cruiser very comfortable and with A/C including driver , fuels , English speaking guide , 2 Nights accommodation with half board in a charming hotels and 1 night camel trip in the desert cost 370 Euros per person for 4 persons in a private Tour .

I managed to get him down to 300 euros per person. Is this a good price for what I am getting?

London, United...
Level Contributor
100 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

LacLondon:

I know its been a while since your trip, but how was it?

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

sounds a bit too many things for that short time

not too much in a hurry?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

PM sent to both people..

Cheers

Tronno
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

How was the trip? I'm looking into the exact same type of Marrakech-Fes trip in June. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

9. Re: Marrakech to Fez via the mountains/desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2009, 05:38