We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

Tampa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

We've been playing with idea of coming to either Tunisia or Morocco for the last year, and really want to make it happen next summer; we will be bringing our kids who have never travelled out of the U.S. before and will probably be meeting many family from North Africa for the first time; I thought Tunisia would be better - stay in La Marsa, seemed more sedate, but husband really is pushing for Morocco, for the vibrance, food, etc. I'm a bit worried about pouring too much on the kids at once - is there a big difference between the 'vibe' of the two countries -frankly I prefer Morocco I'm just worried about it being too hustle/bustle busy on top of the other new situations the kids are getting, but maybe the two countries are not too much different in this regard? For Morocco, Essaouria seemed like a good reunion place, and then visiting Marrakech, Fez, Rabat, Chefchoun. 2-3 weeks, trying to rent apartments or stay at Riads. Any input?

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

You don't mention the age of the children, which could be an influencing factor.

Though I've been to Tunisia I'm more familiar with Morocco. Either are very child-friendly places.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

I have not been to Tunisia, but we just spent 8 days in Morocco in March with our kids, ages 11 and 14. They have travelled to Europe before, but Morocco is still quite different from that. They loved our time there. We were in Marakkech, Ouazarzate, Merzouga with one night in the desert, and Fez. Here is a link to my trip report if you are interested: www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp…

Tampa
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

Thanks for replies - kids will be 8 and 12 at the time.

4. Re: Morocco -kids - 'vibe'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 12:20