We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much to tip?

Colombia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
How much to tip?

What are acceptable tips for things like photos, someone who helps with directions, etc. This concept of "paying" for the courtesies of life is very difficult for me. How about luggage at the hotel etc.? Don´t want to offend anyone, but can´t afford to tip extraordinairly well either.

Thanks

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much to tip?

10 dirhams, not more ... and if you like to give something to beggars, buy a bread, 10 dirhams, and give it to him/her

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much to tip?

well i'm out again, the bread is about 1 dirham ... sorry, it's late

Colombia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much to tip?

Thank you Philp. Does that go for luggage in the hotel etc?

penna
Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much to tip?

i tend to tip 10 or 20 dh for luggage depending on heavyness.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much to tip?

10 to 20 dirhams is a good tip for those things you mentioned. Some people will ask for more (especially photos in Marrakech). Just be polite but firm. There is no harm in asking. I have seen tourists hand over 100 dhs for ONE photo in Marrakech. Amazing.

6. Re: How much to tip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 14:20