We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rent a car

slo
5 posts
Save Topic
rent a car

Hello to everyone

I travell to Morrocco next Friday with 2 friends. We want to rent a car for 14 days. I would like to ask which agency do you recommend? MAybe Some local agency is cheaper?

Do you have any experiences? What are the prices?

Thx

andreja

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rent a car

If you are hiring the car in Agadir, then I might be able to recommend a certain car rental agency where you will get a very good deal.

khattabi_fr@yahoo.fr

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rent a car

If you are planning on travelling about quite a bit then you are best to use a rental agency with a wide network throughout Morocco. Avis or Hertz are probably the best. Avis will rent for 400 dirhams a day. Hertz is nearly 500. Book online from your home country.

If you book through a small company, you can get into problems if the car breaks down far from the rental city.

Chefchaouen, Morocco
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: rent a car

holidayautos have collection points across Morocco.

We normally use them and they've been fine.

inmorocco is right about local agencies.

Paul

slo
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: rent a car

hi everyone

thank you all for advice.

We fly to Casablanca- arrive on September 21 and leave from Marrakesh on saturday in October 6. We would like to rent a car in Casablanca and then to leave it in Marrakesh.

So, in your opinion the best choice would be to rent by some international agency?

What about the europcar? Does anyone know this agency?

It is really the best choice to book over internet? becouse we would like rather to book and take there..

thx

bye

MERZOUGA sands
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rent a car

HI Andreja!

to give u a brief real prices of cars all over Moroco is something can be useful and important for u .

according to the agencies travel there special tourist cars that cost ( 100 to 150 Euros per day inclu a gazoil with a driver ) vehicules forms are : TOYOTA Land-Cruiser ( course with Air-condition) , and other type : Land-Rover ( normal vehicule ) thereupon the driver would be fits cos he will make stances on the best views without that u would be smattering at where to stop and catch pics all around!!! to the point this one could be sightly.

other small agency cars in point of fact if ur intinerary trip includes the desert so better to rent high and vast cars cos the vehicules form in these agencies are too small ( LOGAN , PALIO , FIAT , CLIO ..etc) unuseful cars on deserts , franky they are the cheapest cost 30 Euros per day without GAZOIL , as u will drive for ur self .

globally u've ur own choice

wish best viaje en Marruecos.

6. Re: rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2007, 15:14
Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rent a car

I would strongly advice you to go with an international agency, i.e. Hertz, or Avis, ensure that you are provided with adequate insurance

Have a good holiday

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rent a car

Definitely use a known agency. True you can get it cheaper from a local agency, but support can be a real problem. Be sure to check on dropping off in a different city from where you got it. There will be an additional charge to do that. Europcar also has good outlets in Morocco, along with Hertz and Avis.

slo
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rent a car

hi everyone

im back from morrocco now and we rented the car at the airporti in casablanca by EXPRESS agency or something like that. It¨s a french agency. We rented renault clio for 13 days for 420 euro with everything included (free kilometers, insurance,..). The car was new and everything was ok.

We did a litlle bargain for this price:) , but it was worth it!

slo
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: rent a car

i forgot to writte that there were no additional charge for leaving the car in marakesh

bye