We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

Level Contributor
8,909 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

flew to Marrakech from New York via Paris on Air France. Connection in Paris a hastle as you must change from CDG to Orly airport and after a long haul flight it is a struggle. Any opinions would be welcome.

TN
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

ram

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

JFK to Casablanca on Royal Air Maroc (a Delta code share partner). Connecting flight in Casablanca to Marrakech, or rent a car and drive (it's all interstate) or take the train from the airport in Casablanca directly to Marrakech.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

JFK --> CMN On our return trip from New York to Casablanca, we experienced yet another nightmare. In New York, it took us 1 hour at the ticket counter just to get all our bags checked in. The flight was a decent flight as it was a new 747. However, when I asked for an emergency exit seat, the agent put me in the wrong row. Upon arrival at Casablanca, we landed in terminal 3 which is really a domestic terminal. There was an H1N1 check point which was fine but there were only 4 immigration officers for 480 passegners. They funneled you into a narrow corridor which was unbearably hot and quite frankly, if any passer had the virus, we all would have had it! Upon passing immigration, the baggage claim was a complete diasaster. Remember that this is a domestic terminal so the baggage carousels are small. Bags were everywhere on the floor. We waited for two hours only to find that one bag did not arrive. All in all we spent 3.5 hours getting out of the airpor! It was another 1.5 hours to Rabat. I have since had my cousins fly to Morocco from Paris. RAM was on strike and they did not have the courtesy to tell my cousins that their flight was cancelled. So they show up at CDG, find out that their flight is cancelled, have to run off to Paris Orlly and catch a later flight. This is with two children as well.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

Terminal 3 is an international terminal and handles flights to countries who require specialized baggage screening. All US flights depart/arrive at terminal 3 because of those requirements.

15. Re: Any feedback/opinions about Royal Air Maroc? Last time we

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 06:20