We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ceuta to chefchouan

Eugene OR
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
ceuta to chefchouan

we plan to arrive by ferry in Ceuta, and avoid Tangier-- any tips on getting from Ceuta to Chefchouan that day? Hotel recommendations in Chefchouan? Not necessarily deluxe, but with a private bath.

Thanks!

Chefchaouen, Morocco
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

Hi Laura,

It's a little trickier arriving from Ceuta (Sebta) but, as you say avoids Tangier.

First of all you'll need a taxi from the ferry to the border, around 3km, €2-3.

You can speak to a Grand taxi, they are parked right at the border who may be willing to take you all the way to Chefchaouen, if not, he will arrange a change in Tetouan for you or you can take a bus from Tetouan, only around 35dh each.

Paul

Eugene OR
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

Thank you so much for your help!! Are we making it harder by going into Ceuta? We can certainly change our plans to arrive in Tangier, but would still want to get out of the city promptly. How long would it take to get from Tangier to Chefchouan? It seems that the ferry and the drive would be longer than the Ceuta trip... If we decide to stay nearer to Tangier that night, do you have a suggestion as to where?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

In Chefchouan:

http://www.casahassan.com/

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

In Tangier:

The Hotel Continental - in the medina next to the port. Ask for a room that hasn't been renovated. This may be the last chance to stay in one of Tangier's most historic hotels before it is completely mucked up with plastic windows and horrible modern furniture.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

inmorocco,

You can not be serious in recommending that hotel in Tangier. Neside being in need of a face lift, it is also in need of some basic cleaning, if you are recommending hotels, come on you can do much better than that! can't you.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

Sorry,

should read: beside being in need of.......

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

No, I've been staying in this hotel for almost twenty years. I think it is charming.

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

I'm only so sorry that it 's being modernized.

Chefchaouen, Morocco
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

The casa hassan in chaouen as well.... boring!

Sorry, nothing personal, just thought the experts would have been able to advise something other than the first thing that comes up whenever you look for a hotel in chefchaouen.

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ceuta to chefchouan

I was just suggesting a good place in Chaouen. I am not an expert for that town. During my time in Morocco, I have only been there half a dozen times. I have stayed in a few places and Casa Hassan is the best of those, in my opinion. I work with many people who travel around the country and have never heard any complaints about this establishment. I am not suggesting it to be the only place to stay but I have no experience of a better abode there.

I have gone on the web and checked your own guesthouse - Rif-for-Anyone. I see the saltire outside your place – I am Scottish too, Paul. Look forward to staying with you the next time I travel to Chaouen. Hopefully then I will be recommending you over Casa Hassan.