We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Furniture

Tangier, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Furniture

I'm off to Tetouan in Feb to purchase furniture. Does anyone have any feedback re the furniture stores Kitea and Mobilia in the area? Is the quality ok? What are their delivery times like?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Furniture

They both sell awful plastic coated MDF flat-pack furniture at ridiculous prices. Why are you coming to Morocco to buy flat-pack?

Tangier, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Furniture

its to furnish my apartment out there at a not too exhorbitant cost. Any recommendations?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Furniture

Why not buy locally made wooden tables and wicker chairs; wooden or bamboo cupboards and shelves; bunkette bases with mattresses and throws; leather or fabric poufees and countryside rugs; brass trays and candlesticks; cow bone mirrors and glass and brass lamps...

Tangier, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Furniture

Cheers

Would you suggest the medina would be the place to start looking?

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Furniture

Yes.

geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Furniture

Just a word of warning although your no doubt more familiar with Morrocco than me, but several years ago whilst in the Medina in Tetouan with my husband, 3 you boys grabbed my bag, and ran like hell. We were lucky and managed to get it back. I've heard of another similar kind of thing happening.

Tangier, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Furniture

Thank you for the word of warning, I'll keep my wits about me!

8. Re: Furniture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:18