We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco for girls traveling

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco for girls traveling

Is it a safe place for a couple of college girls to visit? If so, where would you suggest they stay and what should they avoid? They will be on a budget but do want to stay in a safe place. I know nothing of the country so am not trying to offend. I just know some countries it isnt very safe for young women to travel alone. Wondering if this is one of the countries that would be safe for them. THanks!

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco for girls traveling

many girls asked the smae question and the question repit it self again and again .my dear -goingagain- about morocco i won't tell you it's safe 100% but in marackech the police walk around the street and life do not sleep in marakech so it's a safe city . but you don't have to worry about it . i heared about students went to morocco and spend the night at mounts they didn't get a chance to find a hotel and they spent the night at mount ;they waked up and they were fine ;so i wouldn't worry about it but many young peopl will try to say ( hello...oups you are beautiful..) but i say it's safe here is my openion from my experience of 2 years ...and wait until others answer for you question and am sur they agree with me .

anyway enjoy

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco for girls traveling

I would not anticipate any problems. Dress on the conservatice side, act responsibly, don't be out alone after dark in seedy parts of towns. Two young girls alone will draw attention from the young males, but that happens anywhere in the world. Be polite but firm to anyone trying to be more than just friendly. Police are never far away. It's a safe country as millions of tourists find out each year.

3. Re: Morocco for girls traveling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 22:15