We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced place in Fez

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced place in Fez

Travelling to Fez and then to Chefchaouen next week-end. Can anyone recommed a place to stay that is reasonably priced and close to the centres in either place. Anyone know how to travel to Chef from Fez? What is the weather like? Many thanks for any info

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced place in Fez

A good no-frills but very clean hotel is the Ibis next to the train station. Part of the international Ibis chain (you can google them and see the hotel). They cost around 35 euros a night with breakfast.

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced place in Fez

Thanks Morroco traveller. Can you suggest any where in Chefchaouen and Meknes. How can we travel to Chef from Meknes or is it easier from Fez. Many thanks

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced place in Fez

I've stayed several times at the Casa Hassan in Chef. It's a nice place (they have two separate converted older homes into B&Bs). Prices are reasonable. There are a lot of others you can probably google. I have a car so always drive myself. There are "grand taxis" that go from either Fes or Meknes to Chef. I think it would be easier from Meknes but again you could go from either. You could rent the car with driver from your hotel or rent your own (a little pricey). Do not take the local busses. We have lots of problems with them, especially accidents (some terrible violent. One this summer killed 17 tourists). It's a nice little city but not a place to spend more than a day or two. You will get bored after that.

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced place in Fez

Thanks for info

5. Re: Reasonably priced place in Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 05:24