We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirements for leaving morocco

Stafford, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirements for leaving morocco

I was wondering if anyone knew the requirements for moroccans leaving the country on a holiday? I know they don't need a visa for Tunisia, Egypt or Turkey...but what about else where?? and how long does it take to get a visa??

I want my moroccan boyfriend to join me in Tenerife for a weeks holiday 6th - 13th May as he deserves the break, but i don't know what would be involved for him to do this...am i asking him to do the impossible?

Any help would be appreciated.

Beki xXx

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

Not to dampen your enthusiasm but you should be aware that it is illegal in this country for an unmarried couple in which one or both of the partners is Moroccan to share a hotel room together. A lot of places don't pay much heed to this law but you may want to be sure to ask in advance, otherwise you could face a hassle if you are refused at the desk.

Stafford, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

Really??

We stayed in a hotel room in the hotel he works for in Agadir together...then again it wasn't booked for both of us. He was working and just stayed in my room when he was free.

I will look into it. Thank you.

Beki

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

THats one way to get round it - if you do both officially check into a hotel the previous poster is correct. You will need 2 rooms if you are not married. The police check registration cards at the hotels and this can bring big fines on the hotels involved.

The other way around this is to get an apartment which is what most Brit/Maroc couple friends of mine usually do.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

To obtain a visa for Moroccoan citizens is quite difficult and a long process. As it was suggested to you, why not stay in Morocco for your holidays.

regards

Stafford, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

Morocco,

I do normally stay in Morocco for my holidays as i stay in the hotel my boyfriend works in...thats how we met. It is very complicated and hard to explain but my parents do not allow me to go to agadir again on holiday because of my boyfriend. As i say it is a long and complicated story. :oS

Beki xXx

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

In this case, I'd say listen to your parents!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

The Ibis chain hotels are cheap and clean. Nothing special but a good and clean place to spend a few nights. There are two in Marrakech, one just by the train station and the other on the road out of town to Casablanca. You can book them online. Just google Ibis hotels.

18. Re: Visa requirements for leaving morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 21:17