We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Day 1: Arrive Rabat, stay Villa Mandarine

2: Visit friends in town, then drive to Fez

3: Fez

4: Fes with guide

5: Free day in Fes

6: Drive to Sahara and Dune sof Merzouga via Ifrane, Midelt, Ziz Valley. Overnight at Bedouin Tented Camp in Tafilalt (PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN FEEDBACK ON THIS!)

7: Early morning camel trek, then drive to Erfoud for overnight. Visit Rissani.

8: Drive through Dades Valley to Ouarzazate (overnight)

9: Free day in Ouarzazate

10:Drive to Marrakesh

11: Tour Marrakesh with guide

12: Flexible day in Marrakesh

13: Drive to Essaouira

14: Explore Essaouira

15: Back to Marrakesh

16: Marrakesh

17: Marrakesh

28: home

Fez
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Looks like an exciting holiday! It's good to build in free days, especially as you need to be flexible in Morocco. You might find you need another day for the desert trip, and it's probably more interesting to stay in the Dades valley at Boulemane du Dades, Tineghir or Skoura rather than Ouazarzate, or perhaps at Ait Benaddhou on the way over to Marrakech.

You don't give your dates. Be warned that Fez accommodation is filling up fast to mid June for the Fes Festival of World Sacred Music 6-14 June.

Enjoy!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Sounds good. You might consider an overnight camel excursion rather than a morning ride. The overnight in the dunes in a Berber tent or under the stars is a never to be forgotten experience. Do this from Merzouga as you are right against the dunes. A morning ride just doesn't have the same impact especially if you have children. They will remember it all their lives.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

I think... too many days in Marrakech, you will be bored out of your brains... And I hope you have plenty of cash 'cos Morocco is the most expensive third world country I have ever been to... good luck!

Nottingham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

I went to morocco recently, and I made an itinerary as detailed as yours. When you arrive you realise some places are better than others and some places can be done in one day.

By the end of the trip we wished we had stayed more time in fez and essaouira and spent less time in the overrated marrakech.

As someone mentioned before me, include some free days to your schedule.

good luck.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Thanks so much! Appreciate all the feedback.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

It is true that Marrakech is becoming extremely commercialized. I was there last night and it was full of tourists (so is Agadir today).

I do admit being partial to Fes and Esaouira. They are just both lovely places to visit.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

Cut down on a day in Marrakesh,unless your that rare and almost extinct breed of visitor that really likes it.Your itinery for day 6,drive from Fez to sahara is impossible.I'd shunt it all up a bit and lose that day 17 in Marrakesh,giving you time to drive and stop overnight on your way to Merzouga.

8. Re: Morocco June 08 Family Itinerary--what do you think of this?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:22