We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Fes or not to Fes!??

Kettering, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
To Fes or not to Fes!??

Hi,

We are planning our 10 day break to Morocco where we will be flying into Marrakesh.

We defiantly want to spend a few days in the desert. Do you think we should fit Fes in also or is a overnight 2 day visit not enough?

Please advise!

Thanks,

Jack

zurich
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To Fes or not to Fes!??

Hi,

Would be great if you could start your trip from Marrakesh,then desert,and end it at Fes.Thats the best option.

Cheers

Kettering, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: To Fes or not to Fes!??

Thanks for the advice, I think we will have to do something like that with a night train back to marakech from fes, I'm not sure when we will get another opportunity!

How do you do the whole mountain/desert thing on a shoe string. People have suggested good guides but we are poor, but im a bit scared of the horror stories about the cheap guides.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Fes or not to Fes!??

Actually you don't need a guide. The only place where you'll need assistance is in Merzouga, if you want to sleep in the desert. I heard that there is an interesting and non expensive option and that's through Kasbah Moukhayat I think. It's listed here under Merzouga hotels. I think it's about 200-300DH per person for a night in the desert including dinner and 2 hours camel ride.

Alex

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Fes or not to Fes!??

Definitely don't miss Fes.

Merzouga is a great experience too. Kasbah Mohayut is a great place to do the tour into the desert. Google it for more details. The overnight with dinner and sleeping in a tent or under the stars was 400 dhs last time I did it.

5. Re: To Fes or not to Fes!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 16:15