We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

My family is thinking about going to Morocco with our two year old...was wondering what other peoples experiences have been with young children there. What's the best city to stay for sights safety, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
769 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

We were in Morocco last March for 8 days with our kids who were 11 and 14 at the time. I do not think it will be an issue with a two year old, other than maybe finding items that you may need. Someone else can probably help you with that.

We were in Marakkech, Fez, Ouazarzate, Merzouga and the desert. We felt completely safe at all times and thoroughly enjoyed the sites in all of them.

Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

Moroccans absolutely adore children both women and men, you will find all restaurants will make a great fuss over your child. My only concern would be hygiene, and food. Do ensure that you use only bottled water and be fully aware of what you are giving your child to eat.

Be aware that July/August are extremely hot in Morocco, perhaps not the most suitable months for holidaying with a small child.

I hope that you enjoy your stay in Morocco.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

Moroccans do, in fact, love children. You'll have no problems. We recently took our 3 year old grandson to Merzouga and on the overnight camel trip. He absolutely loved the ride and getting to play in the biggest sandbox he will ever see in his life :-)

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
813 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

Agree with all comments above. You'll have no problems here.

5. Re: Morocco/ safety/ 2 year old child...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 02:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now