We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days in Morocco

Zanesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
67 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
8 days in Morocco

My husband and I are planning an 8 day trek to Morocco. We would like to see Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouria. Having been to Morocco once before, I am leery to attempt all three cities in such a short time especially considering that we would likely be flying into Casablanca. Anyone have an opinion on attempting this trip with such limited time?

N. Wagner

1. Re: 8 days in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2008, 21:40
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days in Morocco

in su ch a time, do you consider of renting a car ?

Zanesville, Ohio
Level Contributor
67 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 days in Morocco

I wasn't sure if it would be better to rent a car or just use public transport. What would you suggest?

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 days in Morocco

when we travel in Morroco, we use our car from France through Spain and then Morocco. It is not dangerous to drive in Morocco, people usually drive slowly, police is very present and radars also. You have a highway from Casa to Fes and this town is one of the best option when visiting Morocco. Fascination is the word. Try to spend 2 days, 3 nights there, visit the souk, if you do not use a guide, try to stay in the main streets of the souk, otherway you could be very quickly lost. But of course, using a guide means visit a carpet shop, a herbalist's shop, a restaurant and so on, that's moroccan business ...Then take the road N8 to Marrakech very early in the morning and try to visit the Ouzooud Waterfall, of course you have to leave the N8 after Beni Mellal, but the deviation is well worth. Marrakech, well, as i do not like this town, more crowdy and harassant people, i would say 2 nights would be enough. That's allow you the option de reach Essaouira (half a day trip) some time and for me it's the second best destination for a town in Morocco. Then you can go back early in the morning to Casablanca along the beautifull coastal road 301 till El Jadida. And this kind of trip is only feasable with a rental car.

5. Re: 8 days in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 03:23