We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Tangiers to Fes

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
train from Tangiers to Fes

I am taking a ferry from Spain into Tangiers and then plan on hopping on a train to Fes. However, if we are unable to catch the 11am train (which we probably won't) to Fes which gets us in at 3:15pm, we then end up on a 5:15pm train getting us into Fes at 10:10pm. This seems very late, especially for 2 girls in their mid-20s (with no knowledge of Arabic or French, unfortunately). What do you suggest?

Thanks!

1. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2008, 01:50
Bhalil,Sefrou,Fes
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

I think is better to spend the first night in Tangiers and then catch the train to Fez on 11 am.

you will be around 04 pm in Fez.

Good luck.

South Pole
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

Hi,

If you really are interesting to catch the train from Tangier to Fes, please, catch it in first class, always in first class. It isn't more expensive than in 2nd class and when you're there you will understand why I say it you, now.

From Tangier to Fes, the train (www.oncf.ma) goes to the railway to Sidi Kacem where you will be stopped some time because this place is the point junction between Marrakech railway and Fes-Oujda railway.

Moreover, There's many people who wants to suggest you many things (guides and others) and who will want to help you ......... paying them. Don't listen them.

If you don't speak french, spanish or arab language you'll have a problem there although there's many people who speaks some words in some languages so that they need to get the money from the tourist. Don't forget it.

There's no problem for two 20's girls to tyravel around Morocco but, please, take care with your clothes.

Safe travel

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

BregenzRabat,

That is excellent advice, I totally agree with you, I would also agree with the other forum writer who suggests that if you cannot make the 11am train to Fez that you stay overnight in Tangiers. Though as far as I am aware there are ferries that arrive into Tangiers by 9am in the morning, if you used one of the early ones you should be able to catch your early train to Fez.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

Thanks for your input. Do you suggest we stay in Tangiers because of a safety concern in Fes at 10pm? I would rather not stay in Tangiers for the night.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

I disagree with the other posters. As long as you have your accommodation booked before getting to Fes, you'll have no problem. There will be plenty of petit (red) taxis to take you to your destination, and if you are staying in the medina (in a Riad) many of them will arrange to meet you at the most convenient drop off point for taxis. If you plan on just rocking up and looking for accommodation, then you shouldn't do it at 10 at night, but not because of a safety concern.

With regards to the medina and the 10:10 train arrival: Now that Morocco is observing summer time (1 hr behind Spain) the last call to prayer is around 10 in the evening. The later schedule means more people are out on the street at night. It's only when the medina streets are empty when I would be a bit concerned for my safety.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
130 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

Wonderful, that is very helpful!! I will be staying in a riad and I see that many of them offer to meet you, so I think we will go that route.

8. Re: train from Tangiers to Fes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 04:16