We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Gdansk , Poland
2 posts
Save Topic
Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Hello everyone,

I really need an information , im going to to be in Casablanca airport at 23:45 and need to get to Rabat , is there any direct connection from the Casablanca airport to Rabat , specifically Rabat-Ville its the area where my hotel is.

I heard that there is a fast train from Casa Port to Rabat Ville , but is Casa Port any near to the airport ? And is it true that I'd have to wait till 6.30 am to get on the train.

Thanks in Advance

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

i know that way but am not sure if the two train are conecting -also not sure about the time between the both-. so you may hire a grand taxi and you corss that problem is it's at night - am guessing that you will wait at the casa port -so hiring a gd taxi is the 2nd solution befor try to catch the train .

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Hi

you can take a train directly from Casa airport to Rabat-Ville. The journey takes about 1.5hrs(i think). It cost 100Dh for first class ticket. Get the first class ticket; it may be only 10Dh more and it is air conditioned. There is one transfer, but you just get off the train from the left side of the platform and get on the other train from the right side of the platform. I think its pretty well labelled. I dont know about times of departure though. You can try checking the web site. There are information desks at the airport to let you know where to buy tickets. The train is one level below street level. Hope this helps.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

You can check train schedules on their website at www.oncf.ma I doubt there is one that late. You might want to spend the night in the Atlas Airport Hotel and then go the next morning if there isn't one.

Gdansk , Poland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Thanks a lot for this information but I still need the help. I checked the trains and there is no train at that hour. I checked the atlas hotel and 130$ is way more than I'd like to spend for 6 hours of bed. Does anyone know how much would the grand taxi mentioned before cost from Casablanca to Rabat ? or is there any buses willing to do Casablanca Rabat connection at midnight ?!

And my last resort .. is it very dangerous to spend 6 hours waiting in the Casablanca airport ?

Thanks in advance.

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Get a grand taxi from outside the arrivals. It will cost you 700 dirhams. It's not dangerous to stay in the airport for the night but there is nothing to do and the cafes will be closed.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Negotiate a price for the hotel. You can pay considerably less than that. I usually pay around 80 US a night there.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

Hi,

Depending on what airline you are using, your baggage could take a couple hours to pick up (Especially Royal Air Maroc), so you might just end up spending the night at the airport anyways. Not to discourage you, of course!! The grand taxi is a good way to get to Rabat, but going through Casa it will take almost two hours, so make sure you agree on a price before getting into the car. Also, the grand taxis do not have the safest drivers. Just a warning :)

Rabat, Morocco
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

The taxi will go straight onto the motorway and be in Rabat in an hour and fifteen minutes.The licensed drivers are generally quite fine.

9. Re: Casablanca - Rabat information needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 02:17