We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

We are looking to do an overnight camel trek to the Erg Chebbi dunes from merzouga and are looking for the best company/guide to do it with.

Can anyone recommend a good company that they have had exprience with? Preferably ones that are esay to contact. No fake reviews please.

Thanks

East Gwillimbury...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

Hi!

My wife & I did a 1-night camel trip on Erg Chebbi via Kasbah Mohayut and also stayed in the hotel 1 night in May of this year.

We had a great experience and have nothing but good things to say about the trip and the service in general.

Check the reviews on TA for Kasbah Mohayut, and/or their website is also very easy to find...Try the name and add ".com" on the end.

Have a great trip or message me if you have more questions.

spmm

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

Hi

there are no companies that organize for such trek...

durring my stay in the erg chebbi merzouga i saw just 2 services local and hotels service....

hotels do arrange for overnight in the desert also the two local families 'Assou or les nomades' .

taht's it .

if you book with a company in marakech they'll take to hotels or to the locals in order to spend the night in a camp.....

Barcelona
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g304017-r335…

Great Company to deal with! No hassle! Omar was super easy to book through.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

Kasbah Mohayut is a great way to go. I have done the trek 4 times with family and friends using them and never had a bad experience. Almost all of the hotels there in Merzouga are connected with the caravans that go out on the overnight trips so you can book through any of them. It is definitely a not to be missed experience you will never forget.

austia
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

We had a great time with Bari www.saharaeyes.com if you need more information about sahara dont hesitate to contact him. we was in Mergouza in hotel Yasmina and we went with Hassan to Oiasis it was really Amazing trip and its my firt time i take camel in my life it was funny trip.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

My husband and I just returned home from 2 weeks in Morocco which included an overnight camel trek to the Erg Chebbi dunes and had a wonderful time. We went with a Canadian based company called Morocco Explored and found them to be easy to contact as well as relatively inexpensive. If you go to their website www.moroccoexplored.com they describe a variety of options. We were very pleased with the outcome and highly recommend the company to others.

7. Re: Overnight Camel Trip - Erg Chebbi - Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 08:19