We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Morocco from France

florida
14 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Morocco from France

I'm attending a family wedding in France in Oct. and would like to combine a visit to Morocco. There would be 4 of us: 3 women & 1 man. I'm really stumped as to the best way to get from the Marseilles area to a good city to visit for a first timer in Morocco. Is there a fast ferry or would air travel be better? If anyone can make suggestions I'd be so grateful. BTW we are all US citizens so no EU connections!

Vientiane, Laos
Level Contributor
708 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Morocco from France

Morocco is a long way from France -the fastest ferry leaves from Sete (near Montpelier) and takes 36 hours each way.

You can fly direct from Marseilles to Fez on Ryanair.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Morocco from France

You didn't mention how much time you have for the trip. The ferry would be a relaxing way to do it, but it will take a lot of time. Flying is a much better option if your time is short.

florida
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Morocco from France

thank you , thank you! Is Fez a good place for first time visitors? I will look into Ryan Air!

4. Re: Travelling to Morocco from France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:17