We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

Our cruise ship docks in Casablanca from 7am to 9:30pm. We would like to go to Marrakesh for the day, but prefer not to use the ship's shore excursion. Can anyone recommend a tour company that can meet our ship in Casablanca, take us to Marrakesh for a day of touring and get us back to the ship? My fellow travelers are a bit concerned about using anyone but the ships tour because of the distance involved. We don't want to miss our ship! Thanks for any help.

Cherikm@aol.com

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

I would recommend the ship's tour offer. The reason is that the agency they use is geared to make sure you get to and from the ship on time. You can book through another agency -- there are certainly others available -- but they have no overwhelming requirement to get you to and from the ship on time. You could also take a train which leaves from just outside the port entrance to Marrakech and back. You can check train schedules on www.oncf.ma It's an easy way to travel between Casablanca and Marrakech.

Having said all that, with such a short time period available and the critical issue of being back at the ship before it leaves, I recommend you pay the extra money and take the ship tour.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

I really prefer not to be traveling with 40 other people and being herded around like a bunch of (very slow) cattle. If I can find a private company, it should cost me less for a private tour than I would pay for four of us on the tour bus. I understand the risks of traveling this way time-wise, but as long as we leave marrakech at the same time or before the ship's busses, they can't beat us back. Thanks for your input though.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

Good luck and I wish you the best in your plans.

4. Re: Cruise ship 1 day in Casablanca - need tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 02:17