We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on the first day?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
57 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on the first day?

All -

My wife and I will be arriving in Rabat on November 20th (a thursday) around 2:30.

We're trying to figure out what to do that first day and where to stay.

We will be renting a car.

Would you all recommend we stay in and see Rabat, or go on to Meknes, which seem to be the alternative.

If we stay in a Riad, is there a time we are expected to have "checked in by"?

Thanks,

-B

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
57 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on the first day?

Bouncing this up.

Anyone have thoughts?

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on the first day?

Relax after your trip in Rabat. The medina is nice, the prices are good. Visit the Chellah, Mohamed V mausoleum. As you as you have a reservation that you have confirmed, check in time shouldn't be a problem.

If you do go on to Meknes, it's only about 1 1/2 hours from Rabat and it's all interstate. From the airport it's very easy to get to. Just follow the signs to Fes. Consider Riad d'Or if you go to Meknes. I've stayed there several times (did a review on it here) and enjoyed it.

3. Re: What to do on the first day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 16:20