We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 20:28
Toronto
Level Contributor
342 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

*wow* -- there are alot of things you'd like to do in 6 days! You will need to make some tough decisions, I fear. To get to the desert and back (from Marrakesh) takes 3 days -- half of your trip. Scooting up to Tangier or Casa (which is in the opposite end of the country than the desert, and considerably far from Marrakesh) will take considerable travel time as well. Are you driving or taking buses? You could fly if you wanted, as national flights are quite quick, but you'd still have to deal with customs, baggage claim etc. all those things that only take up more time...

I would say plan for one or the other -- either go to the far north to Tangier, Casa, or head to the dunes in the south.

re: finances - it's possible to do Morocco 'on the cheap', but that said, Morocco isn't entirely all that inexpensive, thanks to its close proximity to Europe and the high number of European tourists that visit. I would budget about 100 euros a day -- this is a modest budget given the things you want to do. Riding quads in the desert can be quite expensive -- I was quoted something like 80 euros for 1 hour! I didnt shop around beyond that, so I dont know how much the cost varies, but I was shocked at the cost nonetheless. I was expecting it to be *much* less.

I suggest increasing your budget and decreasing the # of things on your itinerary.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

I think that you are trying to pack too much into your itinerary. Morocco is a large country where as on a map distances do not look too great, believe me time taken getting across the country is much longer than you think. If I was you I would scale down your itinerary and miss out trying to do the North of Morocco thus saving quite some time in travel.

Morocco to my mind has become very expensive, having just come back from Tanger I was staggered this year as to just how expensive it has become. Some of the hotel prices for dining are comparable with London prices and above, on the other hand you can find cheap Moroccan restaurants depending on your budget. I would consider that if your budget includes accommodation you may struggle.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Morocco.

Ota, Japan
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

rating tangergirl's post....cncdring that issue some hotels in the rfoud area too are tooo expensive (200€ p.night) . just thowght to add a small comment even it was mentioned you won't make it 6days you have that oprtion to spend your sejour between marakech and sahara desert+essaouira or spend it in the north wich will cover chefchawen and the cities along the coasts from casablanca to cueta...

you'll need 16h /18h to go and back from the sahara departing from marakech...

jst thg

cc

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

Enjoy Marrakech. Take a trip to the desert. Go back to Marrakech. Be happy. That's all the money or time that you have available and you will have a great experience. Try to do more and you'll run out of time and money.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

I agree with other replies - you can't fit all of that itinerary into 5 nights. I suggest you book your accommodation in Marrakech before you travel - November can be a busy month in the city.

6. Re: ******** In need of some serious help,people!! *********

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 16:16