We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca to essaouira

geneve
2 posts
Save Topic
Casablanca to essaouira

Hi,

I am looking for a timetable for buses from Casablanca to Essaouira. It would be interesting to know whether there is a night bus (in order to avoid a hotel in Casablanca).

It was not possible for me to find a schedule from websites of Oncf or CTM.

Thank your very much

Oslo, Norway
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

Close to CTM station there is many nice Hotels in Casablanca.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

The quickest way to travel from Casablanca to Essaouira is by rail; you buy a combined rail and road ticket. This gets you on a train to Marrakech and from there on a bus to Essaouira.

The rail journey will be 3h15m and by bus some 3h plus the waiting time for the connection.

A more scenic alternative but not a very comfortable one, is bus from Casablanca to Essaouira. These buses follow the coastal road for most of the journey but it takes a good 7 hours or more if there are road works or a breakdown.

You could also travel by taxi from Casablanca to Essaouira, but that is expensive and you have to track down a driver negotiate the fare.

You can board on the railway shuttle from the airport to the station called Casablanca-Voyageurs. There are four bus trips per day between Marrakech and Essaouira.

I hate to say this but perhaps skip Essaouira and concentrate on Marrakech.

All depends on how much time you have available; maybe stay a few days in Marrakech and then on to Ess.

geneve
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

Thank you very much for your response. I see there is not night bus to Essaouira. Perhaps I am going to follow your suggestion and concentrate on Marrakech.

In a more general way. Do you know how can I get the schedules of buses? The websites of CTM and Supratour are not very detailed.

Thank you again.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

CTM website is currently "under construction" and probably has been for the last year I should think; just shows how slowly things move here. Supratours look as though the have given up.

The following is a schedule for getting about involving rail and road, only one I can find until I'm next there:

morocco-holidays.com/holidays/…Casablanca

If you want times for bus between Casablanca and Marrakech I'm afraid I can't help but I would certainly go by rail as it is quicker, just check the ONCF website or I can send times and fares in pdf.

Marrakech to Essaouira by bus is easy, four services each day at 08:30, 10:45, 14:45 and 18:30.

Essaouira to Marrakech, five services each day at 06:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:30 and 18:30. Fare 65Dh either way last I heard, journey time 2-2.5 hours.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

Supratours combines the majority of their rail/road tickets on the Moroccan national train site web site www.oncf.ma The company is owned by the train system. CTM has a rather chaotic schedule and they have never bothered to try and put it online.

6. Re: Casablanca to essaouira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:19