We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Essaouira/Agadir: a day on the beach

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Essaouira/Agadir: a day on the beach

Hello all,

At the end of May we will be doing a tour of morocco with a rented car.

Among the others things, we would like to spend a full day of relax on a beautiful beach.

We will be spending one day in Essaouira but, as far as I understand, it is not really a sea resort.

Thus, we thought about driving south to agadir, where there seem not much to see but there si a nice beach and plenty of hotels.

However, I wonder whether there are some nice beaches before Agadir.

In fact, on the day following the one on the beach, we would have to drive to Ouarzazate.

Perhaps it makes more sense to drive to Ouarzazate via Marrakech (N9) instead of driving south to Agadir first and then drive again from there to Ouarzazate via the N10.

In fact I am told that the N9 is spectacular and, moreover, I could spare some driving the day after essaouira, time I could spend on the beach.

In substance

I have to choose between the following two options

OP. 1

Day 1 essaouira

day 2 agadir

day 3 ouarzazate via N10

OP.2

day 1 essaouira

day 2 beach somewhere between essaouira and agadir

day 3 ouarzazate via N9

Any advice / tip / comment ?

Thanks in advance

Sahara Tours 4x4
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours
Morocco Attractive Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tenere Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Essaouira/Agadir: a day on the beach

Honestly, I would enjoy the beach in Essaouira an avoid additional driving. It is a lovely beach, sometimes a little windy, but with wind surfing and riding quads, there is plenty to do. Save your energy for the road to Ouarzazate!

Bruxelles, Belgium
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Essaouira/Agadir: a day on the beach

yes, that would be my preference too but my girlfriend insist on spedning at least 1 day on teh beach and would prefer a real hot and not windy one

hence this additional stop in agadir which unfortunately adds up to ca. 6,5 hrs of driving (2h30 Essaouira-Agadir + 4h agadir - ouarzazate)

3. Re: Essaouira/Agadir: a day on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 00:17