We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
384 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

i have two nights to spend between marrakech and fez and want to visit chefchaoen. any ideas on how to do this? logistics? also heard about asila - worth it to do one night each in asila and chefchaoen before hitting fez?

is it necessary or worthwhile to rent a car to do this?

again, many thanks in advance.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

Chefchaouen is about 3.5 hours drive north of Fez. If I had to choose between the two, I would go to Chefchaouen as it is a bit more interesting than Asilah (I guess it depends on if you are more of a mountain or beach person). Renting a car would be the best way of fitting Chefchaouen in, as public transport would involve connections that would make the travel time quite long. If you did decide on Asilah however, that is easier from a public transportation perspective as you can go from Marrakesh to Asilah easily by train (about 9 hours), and then train from Asilah to Fez (about 4 hours).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
384 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

Excellent - thanks! Do you suggest just driving directly to Chefchaoen? If so, how long will it take and what are the driving conditions? Is there anything interesting to see on the way?

Or should we just forget driving and take public transport via Asila?

Thanks again.

preference voyages...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

chefchaouen is one of the prettiest cities in Morocco ,its really worth seing ,and very quiet and safe ,and also have a very beatiful mountains ,and a gorgeous views like good's bridge and some water fulls....

4. Re: marrakech > fez, want to stop in chefchaoen. ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 17:18