We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations required?

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations required?

My partner, my best friend and I are travelling through Morocco in January. I have booked our flight into Marrakech and we will be flying back to London from Madrid. I have found a great Riad in Marrakech which I have booked for three nights. Other than this we were going to arrange our accomodation as we go as we don't want to tie ourselves down to a set itinerary. Do you think this is wise and will accomodation be hard to come by?

We are looking for accomodation at the mid to budget end of the range and would be looking at travelling to Casa, Rabat, Meknes, Fes and Tangier on the way (although not staying overnight at all if we don't fancy it).

Rabat
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations required?

well, for Rabat, I can help you.

Rabat
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations required?

for Rabat, I can help you.

Grafton Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations required?

You wont need to book in January. We travelled all over Morocco last Feb. I bought a cheap prepaid sim for my mobile and just called ahead, but even that was unnecessary.

London
Level Contributor
938 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations required?

Thanks Adderx, that was what I was hoping to hear!

Morocco and Spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations required?

A lot of hotels are dirty and horrible and I have been in a fire in a 3* off the square in Marrakech. Not much fun being dragged down curving stairs in the smoke.... The cheapest one I use throughout Morocco is the Hotel Ibiss chain- located in most cities.

Off the square inMarrakech, there are cheap ones that have common toilets. Used them years ago.