We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivin in Morocco

Dallas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drivin in Morocco

Hi

We are plannning a trip to Morocco this summer, we are thinking on renting a car and drive from Seville to Tangier and then to Fes, are the roads safe and would you recommend driving or takiing the train?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Fes
Fes
Fes-Boulemane Region, Morocco
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivin in Morocco

Are you able to take a rental car from Spain into Morocco? I am under the impression that you can't, but it would be worth double checking.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Dallas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivin in Morocco

my sister whas in Morocco a couple of years ago and she told me that she drove from Spain into Morocco thru Tangier and that she also got a guide at the Ferry between Spain and Morocco

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Spain
Spain
Europe
Tangier
Tangier
Tangier-Tetouan Region, Morocco
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivin in Morocco

You may want to check with the rental company and be sure they know you will be going to Morocco. I imagine it is possible, but will almost for sure cost more for insurance as you are outside the rental country. My guess is they will probably not allow you to do it; but it never hurts to ask. If you do not have your permission, do NOT take the car out of Spain as it will not have the international insurance card in it that is required when you come into Morocco.

Mentioned in this post
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Spain
Spain
Europe
4. Re: Drivin in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 06:21