We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Algeciras/Tarifa to Tangiers

Olympia, WA
1 post
Save Topic
Day trips from Algeciras/Tarifa to Tangiers

Hi! I'm headed to Europe for the first time and wanted to take a day trip over to Tangiers from Algeciras or Tarifa.

My main question is:

Is there a safe place at the ferry terminal to park my rental car, and how much does it cost?

Any advice on the best city to depart from?

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Algeciras/Tarifa to Tangiers

I prefer Tarifa as it is a much smaller port than Algeciras. You can park directly in front of the terminal, although I'm not for sure it's overnight. I saw several parking garages within easy walking distance of the port; you could always leave your car there. Algerciras is so much bigger and more complicated to deal with as there are multiple ferry lines coming and going all the time. In Tarina you have only FRS (www.frs.es).

2. Re: Day trips from Algeciras/Tarifa to Tangiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:32