We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help? Local transport or Car rental?

Athens
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Can anyone help? Local transport or Car rental?

Dear experts of Morocco!

I definitly need your help as far as we cant decide how to move in Morocco - shall we rent a car or we can use the public transport for 5 days?

If you rent a car - you are free for moving. But its bit expensive in Morocco. And im anxious about damages and stole. We like to travel by trains and busses and its so cheap there, but im afraid that they can be fully booked and we will lose our time waiting the next. I have cheked already websites of Maroc railway and busses and its clear how we can use local transport. But how we can go reach Oualidia from Casa? And we dont know any word in French! So i cant imagine how i will try to hire the taxi...

May be anyone here can to say me what is better? The route will be as below:

1st day. Late arrival to Casablanca, o/n Casa.

2nd day. Moving to Oualidia. Rest on the seaside. o/n Oualidia

3rd day. Morning-moving to Essaouira. Gnaoua Festival. o/n Essaouira

4th day. Essaouira Sightseeing. Afternoon-moving to Marrakesh. o/n Marrakesh.

5th day. Marrakesh Sightseeing. o/n Marrakesh.

6th day. Noon-moving to Casablanca airport. Departure.

Will be very appreciate for any comment. The trip starts in 1 week and we still thinking :(

Thank you in advance!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help? Local transport or Car rental?

I always recommend renting a car. It's the best way to see Morocco. Transport into and out of Essaouira during the Gnaoua Festival on public transportation will be a major problem. I wouldn't recommend it. Yes, it's true that car rental is more expensive in Morocco, but it gives you complete flexibility. The schedule is yours; you are not constantly waiting for someone else and worrying if you are going to get to your next destination on time.

2. Re: Can anyone help? Local transport or Car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 06:31