We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Morocco from Midwest (of US)

Michigan
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Morocco from Midwest (of US)

My wife and I are planning a trip to Morocco in October. When we look at flights that go from Detroit to Casablanca the options are Northwest/KLM or Air France, and both seem to have long layovers in Europe, basically costing us nearly a day on both getting there and returning (we like Europe but have limited time and want to maximize our time in Morocco).

I'm considering flying to a city (New York or Boston) that offers direct flights, switching planes and then flying to Morocco.

My questions are:

Is it true that only Royal Air Moroc flies direct from the US, and that the only two cities it flies from in the States are NYC and Boston?

Has anyone tried this? There are obvious disadvantages in that you have fewer options if bags get lost or flights get delayed/cancelled, but I'm just curious about people's experiences if they'd tried it.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Morocco from Midwest (of US)

hello,I am sure that Royal air maroc links NWC and Casablanca and may be from Boston,too.But I believe that it is better to loose one day in Europe and assured your trip than book with royal air maroc of which its pilots go on strike most of the time,which resulted in cancelation of trips ,and this is what happens these days.

You can fly from New york to Madrid or London,then direct to Morocco.

Bahamas
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Morocco from Midwest (of US)

i don't know about RAM flying direct from boston to morocco but certainly it is does out of JFK airport. It flies direct from there to casablanca. it is the only airline that flies direct out of the usa to morocco. i have not had an unpleasant experience with them when i used them on my 3 trips to morocco. good luck and enjoy your trip.

3. Re: Getting to Morocco from Midwest (of US)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 05:19