We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol

Heya everyone - is alcohol relatively easy to obtain in Morocco? Main places we're visiting are: Casablanca, Rabat, Moulay Idriss, Fes, Chefchaouen, Tangier, Marrkech, Imli, Atlas Mtns, Zagora, Taoudannt, Essaouria.

Any hints would be great - thanks.

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol

You probably won't find any alcohol in Moulay Idriss or Imlil, other than that, it's available in the places you are visiting, whether in the hotel you are staying in or if not at a local supermarket chain such as Acima or Marjane. There is somewhat of a social taboo with alcohol however, so I would be discreet and respectful as a general rule.

VPS
Vilanova i la Geltru
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol

Alcohol is available in large restaurants and hotels and some Riads. What was interesting, in Marrakesh, I was talking to local people who said that they drink alcohol as well, despite being Mus. but not during festivals. I was very surprised but then in Dubai the arabs I met in hotels were drinking pints of beer, smoking and playing darts!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol

The Marjane supermarket chain has well stocked alcohol sections. You can buy and take with you to the smaller cities. However, please be discreet in the smaller cities. Alcohol can be frowned upon if consumed in public especially in the smaller towns. In the larger towns, no problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol

We visited Essaouria whilst staying in Sidi Kaouki in October and found that the restaurants we visited sold alcohol. there is also an alcohol shop that sells all you might want outside the gate where the taxis drop you off - sorry cant remember the name of the gate.

5. Re: Alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2010, 05:16