We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacking

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Backpacking

I am planning to travel overland (and sea) from the north of Portugal down to Morocco. I am trying to do the trip on a backpackers budget apart from 1 week in the algarve which will be done in a bit more luxury.

I was looking for any info on how accesible these countries are on a budget and any possible highlights, particulrily in Morocco.

thanks

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacking

We travelled from Olhao in the Algarve to Morocco in November. Bus from Olhao to Seville, bus Seville to Tarifa, overnight there. Ferry to Tangier and 14nights in Morocco from there. Morocco is cheap to get around in. Trains are better than buses even if a bit more expensive. Accomodation is cheap too, we mostly had places in mind and turned up, checked the room and then either booked or left depending on how they were. Food is also pretty cheap, especially if you get it in the medina or the non restauranty type places. Hope this is of some use to you.

2. Re: Backpacking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 05:17