We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

Michigan
Level Contributor
154 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

My wife and I are looking at going to Morocco in May. We are considering at a couple of tour companies because we think that it would be fun to travel with others, and came across Intrepid.

One reservation is that they indicate that they use budget hotels that they say are equivalent to 2 or 2 1/2 stars hotels in the US. I wondered if anyone on this board has stayed in budget hotels in Morocco (with or without Intrepid), and if so how they would rate them for cleaniless, maintenance, proximity to things to do and see, and generally what we would expect.

Also, we like Intrepid's pricing but if anyone knows of a company offering similar itineraries but with perhaps one level higher in accomodations?

Thanks.

1. Re: Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 20:05
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

As a general rule I would say knock a star off the Moroccan rating to get a more realistic rating for Western standards. Generally speaking Moroccan 3 star hotels are small rooms with basic but clean facilities, and I would rate them as 2 star for European standards. If you have the name of the hotel that you are considering staying in people will be able to give you more accurate information. I hope this helps.

Be wary of touts on this forum.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
965 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

Intrepid run tours of two different levels. Their comfort tours have higher standard accommodation than their budget tours but the price increases accordingly.

4. Re: Budget/2 Star hotels in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2010, 04:18