We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

Detroit
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

Are there bathrooms while I'm out and about in the Fes or Marrakesh medinas? In Europe, I found I had to buy something at a coffee shop each time I wanted to go to the bathroom. But do they even have places like that in the medina? What about if I purchase from a salesman in a medina stall?

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
971 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

Yes you will also need to visit a coffee shop or cafe, but whether they will let you go without buying something, I don't know. The stalls/shops in the medina are generally very small and do not have bathrooms.

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

There are some public toilets but I would suggest that you use cafe toilets. It is most likely that you will have to purchase something, you could always buy a bottle of water and take it with you. I would suggest that you take some tissues and wet wipes with you, just in case the cafe toilets are not well stocked!!

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,118 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

Hi,

I agree about not using public WC's unless you are very brave but most cafes don't object to non customers using the facilities. You have to leave a couple of Dirhams in a dish once you've finished but they don't expect you to buy anything.

4. Re: Are there bathrooms in Marrakesh or Fes medinas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 07:19