We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
clothing

as many websites advise to wear garments that cover up the skin, i was wondering what is actually classed as acceptable to wear in Marrakesh.

there are many guidelines for clothing in the north African countries. other north African countries also have strict guidelines on websites but from previous experiences visiting Tunisia, clothing is more relaxed and there is more freedom than suggested. i was just wondering if Morocco was the same or stricter? this is especially an enquiry for areas outside of the hotel complex.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing

I'm not quite sure what you're expecting, but there's discussion here that should help (you can do further searches in the Marrakech forum)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293734-i9196-k3…

tripadvisor.com/…26397185

If you're out and about in Marrakech, you'll see all sorts. it's not certain European resorts however, obviously (no beach, for one!) :)

Edited: 31 August 2010, 00:31
Erg Chebbi, Morocco
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing

hello .

are you asking if there a dress code for femals or men ? tell me what time of the year you are going to marrakech ?

franckly speaking marrakech is warmth place during the year . is your trip limitted only in marrakech .?

well , you could wear what ever you like . as marrakech is full busy of tourists the whole year . then its very sample to wear all what you like .

but if you are going somewhere else try to ask more questions . for we could advise you about

have a good trip to morocco.

cheers

bafana advisor

3. Re: clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 07:16