We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fes to Marrakech via the desert

Meppel, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Fes to Marrakech via the desert

Hi,

At the end of October I'm going to Morocco for 10 days. I start my trip in Fes. From Fes I want to go to Marrakech via the desert ( Erg Chebbi) Is it possible to go to Merzouga by public transport, is there a overnight bus going? I want to spend 1 night in the desert, is it possible to arrange that in Merzouga? Is there also a bus going from Merzouga to Marrakech? Or what is the best way to get in Marrakech?

Thanks in advance!

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,501 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fes to Marrakech via the desert

Hi,

you can check www.oncf.ma, there you find time and route with Supratours buses from Fez - Merzouga - Marrakech. It is even other public buses going between Fez-Rissani but about them not know much.

When you come to your accommodation in Erg Chebbi every one can offer you to spend a night or more in the desert. You can stay 1 night on some guest house and 1 night in the sand dunes so you can see more of the desert. You can look here on TA there you find many accommodation in this area. Look at Merzouga hotels and to do.

Have a nice.

Edited: 15 October 2010, 11:06
Meppel, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fes to Marrakech via the desert

Thanks for the info!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fes to Marrakech via the desert

SupraTours and CTM are the only two bus lines I could recommend in Morocco.

4. Re: Fes to Marrakech via the desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:15