We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

Hi. I will be in Morocco in March. I would like to attend Sunday mass in either Fez or Meknes. Also, Friday mass in Tangier.

Does anyone know the Catholic mass schedule in theses 3 cities and location/contact details? Preferably English mass.

I understand that Islam is the major religion in Morocco so there are limited Catholic churches.

Thanks.

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

In Fes:

Eglise Saint François d'Assise: Avenue Mohammed Slaoui, Tel (212) 0535 62 23 47

I don't imagine a Catholic mass in Morocco would be given in English, but maybe someone else knows. There are also evangelical churches in Fes and Tangier in which their services are in English, however I understand that is not quite the same thing as a Catholic mass.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

There's a lovely Anglican church, St Andrews, in Tangier. Well worth a visit.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

I would definitely visit St. Andrews in Tangier. Thanks for the recommendation.

Manchester
Destination Expert
for Tangier
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

There is the Catholic Cathedral in Tangiers. Unfortunately the mass is said in Spanish. I am not sure if they have daily masses, I normally go on a Sunday morning when the mass is at 11am. There use to be a most beautiful very, very small church attached to the Spanish school right in the centre of Tangiers, but, unfortunately because of the deminishing number of Catholic priests, they no longer have masses.

The Spanish Cathedral is a five minute walk from the centre of Tangiers, if you walk up to the top Of Rue De France, and turn right it is situated about 100 metres on the left hand side.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

Thanks for the Catholic cathedral mass schedule and direction. I speak a little Spanish and French enough to understand the Sunday mass. It's really unfortunate that there are now less priests in Tangier.

7. Re: Catholic Church in Tangier, Fes and Meknes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 10:39