We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended driver

Adelaide
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended driver

A group of us organisedJalil Benbili as our driver whilst we were in Morocco. He proved to be a great asset- comfortable 7 seater van, very good driver and a delightful man. Having spent 7 yeasrs in the USA, he understands Western views and of course speaks perfect Englifh. We found him very approachable, charming and with a great sense of humour. He gave us lots of helpful advice about how to bargain and never directed us to any particular places to shop- in fact, if he was given a "sling" for something we did overpay for, he gave it back to us!!

Jalil also took us to places that he thought showed the real Morocco, rather than just the tourist routes and we had some great experiences that we would not have known about, including a local country souk trading in donkeys! He had a lot of local knowledge and passed all this onto us.

Apart from Jalil, we had a great time in Morocco and found it safe and the people very welcoming. We would recommend it to anyone.

M & A Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended driver

Hi,

It's always nice to hear someone has had a really good time with a specific driver but remember there are loads of good drivers here and the hotel or Riad you stay in will have their own favourites so your first port of call should be with them. They only use guys they know and trust.

2. Re: Recommended driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 March 2011, 08:35
maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended driver

We just returned from a fabulous vacation in Morocco. There is no doubt we had such a great time due to Jalil. He is professional, safe, knowledgeable and for us most importantly, flexible. He created trips for us at a moments noticed. On one such trip I was traveling alone with him. I was supposed to go on a three or four day trip through the country ending on the coast. After the first day I decided I wanted to go to the desert instead.....no problem. He put an amazing desert experience together at a moments notice. I truly cannot stress how wonderful Jalil is as a driver and guide. I travel quite a bit and generally use a high end travel agent. The drivers have always been professional and the cars are generally more luxury vehicles then what Jalil drives. The guides have been good but never as exceptional as Jalil. I will gladly give up the Mercedes for someone like Jalil.

Deerfield...
Level Contributor
29 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended driver

I would third Jalil and agree with the other comments. Our family of 5 w/ 3 teenagers booked him because of the reviews on this site for a 4 day trip from Fez to sahara/Merzouga then to Marrekesch. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor and thank you fellow travelers.

Jalil facilitated some of the most memorable moments of our trip. We are a family of avid snow skiers and he set up a night camping in the desert. On the ride back to the hotel we cameled it to the highest dunes in Morroco and sand skied. We got up at 530 to beat the heat and only got 2 runs in before we fried but we will all remember it forever. It is the about the memories isn't it!!

It is hard to keep teens interested in this great culture so he helped mix in things teens would like such as hanging out with Monkeys at a rest stop crossing the Middle Atlas and quading amongst desert movie sets in the desert. He knew what we needed and got it done.

I'm going to add one thing. We always felt safe with Jalil. We are adventourous travelers but this 2 week vacation plotting it on our own is our most adventorous yet. He is an imposing man with a gentle personality. He served in the French foriegn legion and has done security so he knows how to move and relate to the ruffians and aristocrats alike.

He also knew how to be discrete and when to be part of the crew or let us just be a family. If you need a driver you can't go wrong.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended driver

Hi, all,

I deeply have to agree with those last comments about the honest work done by Jalil Benbili.

Last May, me and other four brazilian friends, went in a tour of nine days through Marrakech, Merzouga, Ouarzazate, Fez, Chefchoeuen and the Sahara, having Jalil as a driver and guide.

Besides being a very good driver, he knows a lot of history and local costumes, explains about all the sites properly in a clear english, is responsible, gentle and collaborative. He took us to incredible sites to be seen, and, with his acute sensibility, he made us feel the soul of Morocco.

This way, the sensation of crossing by car, the Atlas Mountains, and the Todra Gorge, with its many different landscapes - from the roughness of the dunes to unexpected wide green areas - was surreal. The night we spent in the silent dunes of the desert was pure magic, as it was also magical, when we, quietly, listened the misterious sound of all the Mosques, moaning at the same time, under the sunset.

He introduced us too, to the strong and spicy tastes in Morocco, the tajines, the couscous, the kaftas, the perfumed sauces, and the delicious sweets.

Jalil was punctual and present all the time, taking care, making us feel safe but never being inconvenient. Due to his conduction we had a memorable journey, a wonderful time, and we really loved the experience, that we recommend to all.

Regards,

Natalia L.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended driver

Can anyone tell me where to find his details? Thanks!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended driver

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have his phone number, but you can contact him by the email: ajalil197@yahoo.com

If you need some other informations about our tour, I'll be glad to help you.

Greetings,

Natalia

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended driver

Thank you Natalia!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended driver

Hi there!

Totally faithful and recommendable guy!

nice fellow who loves his job and customers and who is one of the most friendly and honest guy i know in this industry.

i don't have anything to win (or loose..) with my testimony and i have been working with a lot here and even if Jalil is not my regular driver (as he is far too busy to arrange the transfers when on trip..) he is one of the most remarkable driver and guide i had the luck to meet and he really deserve to be successful in his work and life;

I will anyway second Shimmin..as he doesn’t have for sure the” monopole of the excellence" and you can find great and reliable drivers with just enquiring to the place you are staying as they will be usually able to give the best recommendations with the people they are used to work with.

ps: sometimes..Jalil can be a little long to answer as he can be in places where no web connection ..so ,don't get disillusioned if the answer is not a swift one!

Cheers! Oliver.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended driver

I can whole heartedly recommend Jalil Benbili for any of your driving needs in Morocco. We recently traveled with Jalil from Marrakech to Dades/Merzouga and ending in Fes in September of 2012. The three days we spent driving with Jalil were the best of our trip. As others have said his english is perfect, he was prompt and spent long days - driving us around the country and answering all of our questions. Some of my friends and family, were skeptical that my boyfriend and I were going to head into the desert with a driver we found on the internet. In reality we knew more about Jalil based on great trip advisor reviews, and corresponding with him- than any driver we would have booked through a riad/hotel. Jalil enabled us to experience local culture, food, and sites. Jalil clearly loves his country and loves to show it to tourists- he is personable, professional, and knowledgable. Feel confident in choosing Jalil as your driver- you will have a wonderful experience.