We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

London, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

We are thinking of visiting Marrakech and Agadir for three and seven nights respectively in June. Can anyone recommend a tour operator that will put a package together for us, or are we better to plan and book individually? We are pretty seasoned travellers and are experienced at going it alone, but I do like the convenience of having a tame travel agent put it all together for us! Any advice much appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

Many of the tour operators do actually offer two centre packages so just go along to your travel agent and grab a few brochures. You don't need to book with an agent though as you can either fly into one location and out of the other (flight operators do this) or fly into Marrakech as this has cheaper flights, stay as long as you intend to, then go to Agadir for the days you want and then bus back to Marrakech and taxi to the airport.

You will probably save a bit this way even though you have do a bit of planning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

Many thanks John. I think I'll do the 'go it alone' thing as you suggest.

marrakech
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

Agadir is really not the highlight of Morocco. If you plan to go it alone I would suggest Marrakech and Essaouira. Unless of course you are a resort person, then you might like Agadir.

London, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

I've been for business to Marrakech and Ouarzazate in the past, but we just fancied a beach holiday combined with a bit of 'kulchur'. We like resorts, yes, but also cities. I think Essaouira may be a tad quiet for us, as we are barflys!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

i think if only two cities that's you're going to visit for beach relaxation and some culture, it's better do it for yourself arrange it by yourself will teach you many things through the culture learning too.

i might do it myself if i have just few closed areas, but if there are many areas and one far from the other i'd like hire some tour operator arrange everything for us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

Good advice - many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

Hmm - I might re-think the trip!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13226117

8. Re: Two-centre holidays - Marrakech/Agadir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:17