We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

twin centre holidays

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
twin centre holidays

i am going to morocco at the end of june on a twin centre holiday with thomson starting at marakech riu tikida palmerie and then going to Agadir staying at the riu tikida dunas. we are staying 3 nights in marakech and then 7 in agadir. can anybody tell me if they have done this holiday, and if so are the hotels good and what are the rough timings on leaving the first hotel and getting to Agadir. also what is the transport like for the transfers ? any information would be a great help. many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Riad Kheirredine
Riad Kheirredine
#1 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
Riad le Clos des Arts
Riad le Clos des Arts
#2 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
Riad Houdou
Riad Houdou
#3 of 506 hotels in Marrakech
Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: twin centre holidays

I haven't done this holiday myself but I do know that Thomson use Holiday Services for their transfers. If you have a private transfer you will be transported by toyota landcruiser or mini-bus. If it is a group transfer it could be a mini-bus or coach. I would expect the driver to use the highway so the journey time should be approximately 3 hours. If you have a private transfer I would have thought that you could stipulate your preferred departure time from Marrakech, which would allow you to maximise your time in the city.

Both hotels are very good 4 star hotels with good facilities. Have a look at the hotel reviews to find out what recent travellers think.

Mentioned in this post
Marrakech
Marrakech
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: twin centre holidays

we are thinking of doing this twin centre next year. can you give us any info. as to what was good/bad please

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: twin centre holidays

As baz 383 has not posted anything since June, I suggest you click on their name and send them a message. They will then receive an e-mail notifying them of an awaiting message in their TA account.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: twin centre holidays

sorry its late but only just seen your post, its a great mix of culture and beach, marrakech is great and the hotel we stayed at was amazing but as we didnt get there on the first day til early the next morning and only had 2 more nights there we didnt feel this gave us the time we would of liked in marrakech so if you go on this try and stay there for the first 4 nights.marrakech is a great city but not to much fun for kids so adjust your stay at each place on your own circumstances. after the first 3 nights we moved to agader and stayed at the riu tikida Dunus, and this was lovely , with great pools and beach. we would recomend this holiday and are planning to return again in the future. only next time we go to marrakech we plan to go later in the year as it was way to hot to walk about (52 degrees) at that time of the year.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: twin centre holidays

sorry i forgot to mention, the worst part of the twin centre was the traveling from marrakech to agader. it was with thomson and it was a clapped out minibus that broke down on the way and also took hours. apart from the transfer it was all good. hope this is of help

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: twin centre holidays

Thanks very much very helpful. After reading your reply we have booked for 14 days, 7 days in each and will have to make the transfer journey twice as we land and fly out of Agadir. Lets just hope they have fixed that minibus :):):)

Was it just your family that did the twin centre or were there a few groups?

Mentioned in this post
Agadir
Agadir
Souss-Massa-Draa Region, Morocco
Andover, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: twin centre holidays

we went for 10 nights , 3 in marrakech and 7 in agadir, and we flew in to agadir at about 11pm and transfered to marrakech and got there about 2am. there were about 12 people on the transfer. we went on the holiday just myself and the wife and a couple we know. on the tranfer back to agadir there were 8 people (all adults) 6 from our hotel and a couple that we picked up from a riad in the middle of marrakech. both the hotels we stayed at , the Palmerie in marrakech and the dunas in agadir were beautiful. the palmerie was a more refind and adult hotel and the Dunas in agadir was more family oriented with more pools and a great beach. be prepared for 8-10 degrees hotter in marakech than agadir, and agadir does have cloud and sea mist in the mornings. but that just gives you time to go shopping before it gets to hot. also a walk to the marina is well worth it. if you were wondering about anything else please dont hesitate to contact me,

Mentioned in this post
Dunas Tour
Dunas Tour
196 Reviews
Casablanca, Morocco
8. Re: twin centre holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 05:15