We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Seville to Morocco

Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
From Seville to Morocco

From Barcelona I would like to go to Seville and than to Morocco in the 15 days that I have in Spain. What would be the fastest and easiest way to get to Morocco? Do they give visas at the boarder to US citizens? How do I travel around Morocco? Bus, train? I am not planning on renting a car for my whole 15 day stay. Also, what is the one city that I need to visit in Morocco?

Please help with as much detailed info as possible. Thank you.

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Seville to Morocco

From Seville, I caught a bus to Tarifa, then the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier. From Tangier you can catch a train to Fes, Rabat or Marrakesh. It all depends on your interests as to which city you should visit. it would help to get a guide book and read about some of the places in Morocco and then make a decision.

Fes
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Seville to Morocco

The easiest way of getting to Morocco from Seville is to fly. Ryanair currently fly between Seville and Marrakech twice weekly. So you could, say, fly from Seville to Marrakech, then travel from Marrakech to Fez (best by train, takes 7.5 hours) and then return from Fez to Barcelona (Girona) also with Ryanair. Visa's are given at the border/airport, you do not need to get anything in advance. As hf01 stated, it is best to consult a guide book to decide where exactly you want to visit, prior to booking your flights.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,056 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Seville to Morocco

Why do you need to visit 'one city'?

If a Moroccan said they were visiting the US - what would be the one city they need to see??

What city encapsulate the US? :-)

Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Seville to Morocco

Hard question to answer. I don't think there is ONE city. I personally like Manhattan, Chicago, Boston, Miami, Seattle and so many more. They are all different, so it depends on what you are looking for.

Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Seville to Morocco

Thank you so much for your help hf01 and SIbrahim.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Seville to Morocco

US citizens do not need a visa for Morocco for visits of less than 90 days.

7. Re: From Seville to Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 14:15