We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duration of the ferry ride

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Duration of the ferry ride

Haloo!

I tried looking for the similar question, 'cause I'm sure there are some, but I couldn't find them.

I'm going from Algeciras to Tanger and a few days later back from Tanger to Algeciras. I see that Acciona has the most ferries in one day. What I don't understand is why the ride from Algeciras to Tanger takes one hour and from Tanger to Algeciras three hours?

Thanks for any help! :)

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,703 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

There's two types of ferries, hydrofoils and conventional.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

All of these rides are with Acciona, do they have only hydrofolis in one way and only conventional ferries in another? Can you maybe tell me where do I find the scedule for hydrofoil from Tanger to Algeciras? Because on the www.trasmediterranea.es/trasmeweb/chgidi.do… I find only the rides (from Tangire to Algeciras) lasting for 3 hours. (The other way, Algeciras to Tanger, on the sam site, ride takes only 1 hour)

The prices seem to be the same for both, I'm looking to save up some time...

Manchester
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

The answer to your question regarding length of journey is due to time zone differences between Spain and Morocco.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

You can also take the FRS ferry from Tarifa. It's the fastest and not that far from Algeciras.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

Thank you all! :)

I'm really looking forward to visiting Morocco, although the trip won't last as long as I would like it to...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

Can you recommentdthe best way to travel from Morocco to Barcelona? How long in hours by road in a hire car? Much appreciated.

MM

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,703 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

You won't be able to take a hire car from Morocco into Spain or visa versa. Cheapest method of travel will probably be bus (Portillo service) from Algeciras to Malaga, then pick up the rail network. Otherwise there's a ferry service or flights.

Suggest you post further questions about this on the Spanish forum.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated. Have you driven from the ferry arrival port in southern Spain north? Is it a drive worth doing?

9. Re: Duration of the ferry ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:17