We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours for a single person?

Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Tours for a single person?

Hello,

I'm planning to visit Morocco arriving approx May 20-25 for 2 weeks.

The 14 day tours I've seen don't leave enough time in some cities as I would like, as I would like the freedom if I like a place to stay longer; and when I am ready to book a 3-4 day tour - such as from Marrakesh.

I am having a problem finding one as every one I see run by Moroccan licensed tour companies require 5, 4, or 2 people. If they agree to a single, the price is more than double my budget.

Does anyone here know of local licensed guides where a single could be added to a 3-4 day within Morocco? One co I wrote said they'd see if they can get more people; but that's iffy and I don't want to arrive in Morocco and not be able to take any 3-4 day tours.

One I liked was: Marrakesh to Fez Via Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes 4 Days & 3 Nights authentic-tours-marrakech.com/marrakech-tour…

I'm looking in the area of 2000-2500 MAD for a 4 day/3 night tour including all or most meals and clean, safe & quiet accomodations.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Bob

M & A Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Rough Tours
Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Marrakech Guided Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours for a single person?

I can tell you that there are tons of little tour companies right there, (especially int he Medina of Marrakech) once you've arrived, that will happily add you to a group tour. The price varies depending on the hotels and transportation....and if one company can't do it another one down the street will. But the quality of the tour can be questionable.

My real advice is to do it yourself. I don't know if you're up for the non-tour option, but honestly as a single male, you really could do it on your own and frankly I think it would be much better. ONCF trains will get you to all the major cities and the Supratours bus takes you right out to Merzouga. Granted its a full day bus ride that doesn't stop at some of the "touristy" highlights along the way - but its air-conditioned and comfortable. And once you get out there, there are tons of nice little hotels most of which can arrage a camel trek into the dunes if you are interested in that. You can take an overnight bus from Merzouga to Fez, or take a the day back to Marrakech and then train up to Fez. The do it yourself way does give you the freedom to linger where you'd like...BUT, you will have to adjust to the timetables a little.

Have fun! Cheers!

2. Re: Tours for a single person?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 12:16