We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip Agadir plus?

oahu
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Short trip Agadir plus?

I am going to Agadir to visit a relative this fall. I will be in Lisbon immediately prior. I will not be doing a full tourist trip to Morocco to say the least, but wanted to see at least something while I'm in country if i can work it out. The overall trip will only last three or four days. The Agadir visit will take up two days or so.

I apologize for the wide-ranging questions, but i have a few areas I need figured out.

Can I get there from Lisbon easily or should i go into Spain and go to Morocco from there?

I gather from reading that Marrakesh is the one place I should visit. Should I fly into Marrakesh, visit a night, then proceed (drive?fly?taxi?bus?) into Agadir? Then back to Marrakesh to fly out?

Any suggestions for this short trip will be very much appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short trip Agadir plus?

The only advantage of going from Spain is that you can get a ferry if you wanted to save money on the crossing. Downside of this is that you will have along journey to get to either Marrakech or Agadir from the arrival point in Tanger so your suggestion of getting a flight from Lisbon is a sensible one.

You can then proceed from Marra to Agadir by bus (90Dh/€9) or private taxi (800-1000Dh/€80-100).

You could get a flight out of Agadir which is easy enough but I don't have details of flights to Portugal.

When in Agadir there isn't a great deal to excite a person but it all depends on what you expect. It is great for the beach and restaurants and is a safe place day or night. There are many suggestions in the "Things To Do" bit on the side of the page and you can do a day trip to Taroudant or (better still) Essaouira three hours north along the coast.

Read the following:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-s409/Agadir…

Edited: 13 June 2012, 15:24
oahu
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Short trip Agadir plus?

Thanks, John. So I will fly from Lisbon. I am not too worried about what to do when I get to Agadir because I will be visiting family--- though hopefully we can take a trip out to Essaouira.

Would you say that a simple schedule of flying into Marrakesh, seeing some of the sights, staying the night, then heading down to Agadir is a sensible one?

I can then either fly out of Agadir or go back to Marra and fly out.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 18:30
3. Re: Short trip Agadir plus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:41