We are travelling with a driver from Casablanca to Fez to Marrakesh to Casablanca. We will have guides in the cities we visit.The tour and connecting flights are booked and we are happy with our planned itinerary.
But we have never used a driver or guide before and have some questions.
1. What happens at meal times? We would love to be guided in restaurant and food choices but the costs of these are not included in the tour. So if we ask the guide to come with us that implies to me that we would pay. How is this normally managed?
2. What is a reasonable tip for the driver and for the guides? The driver will accompany us for 5 days, the guides will be city specific. We are not a tipping culture, but we do tip in good restaurants here and are happy to tip for good service. I have read other posts and about 5% seems to be reasonable. But 5% of what? Guidelines would be appreciated.
3. We are not interested in buying carpets etc but we do love seeing souks and markets and to understand what is being sold. How is the best way to say "We want to see but we aren't buying". Maybe just that ?
4. I hear I must keep the "henna ladies" at bay, but I think it would be cute to have a henna pattern on my hand (plus it would then stop others asking) What is a good price for a henna pattern and what should I be concerned about, seeing these seem to be regarded as a scam.
5. I am a tubby, old lady. Are hammans for me and are my undies suitable wear.?
Thanks for any information