We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks & a 10 day road trip - Some advice please

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
2 weeks & a 10 day road trip - Some advice please

Hello

I would like some advice on how to plan my Morocco adventure. I have read some great posts and if any of my questions have been answered i would be happy if you pass on the link to the thread, no need to re-invent the wheel.

So my fiancee and I are ariininv in Marrakesh on Nov 9th and staying for 2 nights then hiring a car for 10 days. Any advice on car hire?

We are heading out over the Tizi-n-tichka pass and want to visit the Todra and Dades gorges. As well as have a overnight (or two) desert experience. I would love to be able to get out and do some hiking in the Atlas mountains too (We are experienced hikers). I would like some advice on villages to visit and places to stay please.

Then I am not entirely sure where to go, we have the time and a car to really experience some of Morocco. Should we stay in the mountains and dessert or head to the coast (I do like to surf)

We are planning on returning to Marrakesh for a night on the 21/22 Nov before catching the train to Casablanca to fly out on the 25th Nov.

Any and all advice welcome

Thanks Ray

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 weeks & a 10 day road trip - Some advice please

Hi joaoleitao

Thanks for the tips, I am waiting on a trekking book to arrive in the post so I will look at some of the destinations you mentioned.

Edited: 01 November 2012, 11:16
London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 weeks & a 10 day road trip - Some advice please

My main concern I guess is wether I should book accommodation in advance. I am happy to modify my trip depending on what we do and do not like, and we might even extend some hikes so I would like to avoid booking to far in advance. But can I arrive in a village/town and get accommodation. I am travelling with my fiancee, and although we do not need much I also believe that clean friendly accommodation can really improve an experience.

I regularly use online hostel booking sites for european travel and book a couple of days in advance. Will this work for me in Morrocco?

13. Re: 2 weeks & a 10 day road trip - Some advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2013, 10:17