We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
8 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Hi everyone,

I am planning a family vacation (with children) to Morocco and our choice is to hire a private 4x4 tour from Fez to Marrakech. I am looking for a trustworthy company that won't rip me off. 4-5 star accommodations and vehicles. Any recommendations? Thanks everyone!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Cars are fine on the hamada, see www.desertdetours.com/gallerypop.php…

www.desertdetours.com/gallerypop.php…

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Tim, one other question I have for years. Where is hamada actually? Before I thought hamada is this you show on those pictures here for example and therefore it is in Morocco also. But once when I was talking about hamada with my friends, so friend's mother said, that hamada is not in Morocco, it is first in Algeria. But hamada is sand and stone and so and exactly this is in Erg Chebbi and Chigaga too. Did she might misunderstood or talked about something else?

What you think about that?

Edited: 16 December 2012, 11:59
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,397 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Look it up on Wikipedia, it's Arabic for a mainly stone and grit arid area, whilst erg is for sand seas.

Most of the Sahara (the real one to the south and east) is hamada surrounding smaller areas of ergs.

Edited: 16 December 2012, 12:59
Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Yes, this I know. But I still wonder what she could think at when she said that hamada is in Algeria, not in Morocco, when we were talking about hamada (stones and gravel etc.) I will discuss that with her again next time I meet her.

15. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 11:49
16. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 07:56
17. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 December 2012, 23:01
18. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 20:05
19. Re: Looking for recommendations for a Morocco private tour

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 06:15