We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italy to Morocco?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
337 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Italy to Morocco?

My husband and I are in the planning stages of our 20th anniversary trip next year, and can't decide between Italy (Venice) and Morocco. So what we're trying to figure out is, if there is a reasonable way to do both? Is there a ferry that would travel across the Tyrrhenian/Balearic/ Alboran Seas from Italy to Morocco? We would appreciate any insight.

~Christy

Marrakech
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Italy to Morocco?

Have you tried googling 'ferry from Morocco to Italy'? Another option is to take an airplane.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italy to Morocco?

Yes, there's a ferry from Genoa to Tanger Med, see post #5 at morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

It takes 48 hours. www.aferry.to for more information.

Taif, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italy to Morocco?

There is a direct flight from Milan to Marrakech. So you can do Venice, then take the train to Milan, takes a couple of hours, then a flight from Milan to Marrakech. Marrakech is the top destination in Morocco.

Enjoy

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italy to Morocco?

I have friends they took such ferry from Genova to Tangier I think it was and they were very satisfied with that sea travel.

How long you think you want to do your holiday? I want to suggest to choose only one country. Both Italy and Morocco are so interesting and nice countries so it would by only pity to have hurry. At least 2 weeks for each one country I suggest.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italy to Morocco?

I currently am host to an Italian guest who did just what Khaled above recommends - much quicker than a ferry. An alternative is to fly to Milan for an onwards connecting flight to Marrakech.

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italy to Morocco?

I've taken the Genoa to Tanger ferry. It's ok but nothing special. I usually just fly direct to Casablanca from Rome.

7. Re: Italy to Morocco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 10:16